A Weekend Back in Spain




Last weekend, I finally was able to make a trip back to where I lived last year for my co-op in Spain! I had been waiting for this moment since the moment my plane took off from Seville in July. Knowing how much fun this city was led to me having some high expectations for the weekend, and unsurprisingly, the weekend was even better than I imagined it to be.



Besides being able to visit my old co-op workplace and saying hello to my old co-workers, I got two for the price of one because my best friend Laura is currently living there for her co-op. It was super fun to catch up, exchange stories, and hear about how she's livin' la vida loca. What made the weekend perfect was that it was the perfect combination of my favorite things I used to do there (mostly eating food) and a handful of new and amazing memories!


Partaking in my favorite Friday afternoon tradition - having lunch and lounging by the river at the phenomenal Mercado Lonja del Barranco


Northeastern co-op squad out on the town!

Traveling to Sevilla from Bratislava was surprisingly pretty difficult - I had to wake up at 2:45 AM to travel to the Vienna airport, fly to Malaga, take a metro to the Malaga train station, take a 3 hour long train to Sevilla, and then finally take a taxi to work from the train station. All in all it was about 12 hours of traveling to get there, but it was totally worth it!

This is goat cheese from La Chalá, and it will change your life. I promise.

Oh look! More food.

 A crazy fun new experience that I had in Sevilla this weekend was going to a really awesome small music festival with that colorful powder that you see at color runs (minus the running, because I ain't about that life). We had a blast dancing our feet off all day and hanging out with all of their GH coworkers!

 This took approximately 3 showers to completely wash off.


Thrivin' and vibin'

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend in Sevilla! I'm sad I was only there for such a short time again, and I'm already looking for flights back :)


Hasta pronto, Sevilla!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the Airbnbs I've Ever Stayed in, Ranked

Halle's Visit to Slovakia

“Sooo...how did you end up in Slovakia?”