8 Websites You Need to Book Before Traveling Europe

Before moving to Europe for 6 months, I had no idea what tools were available to make my travels easier and cheaper. With the experience and resources I have now, I look back and cringe at the time I spent 300+ Euros on a flight from Seville to Barcelona. Don’t make the same mistake I did! Check out these useful websites that will help you not only save money but also find the best activities possible.

Getting There


1. SKYSCANNER


Skyscanner is seriously the holy grail of finding cheap flights. Sometimes when I’m bored I hop on to see what good deals are going on (also to daydream about future trips). My favorite thing about Skyscanner is the ability to search without having specific dates or places in mind. An added benefit is that it opens your mind to places you didn’t think about visiting before!

2. RYANAIR

Definitely sign up for a RyanAir account and make sure to get their emails to your inbox—their deals are seriously unbelievable. To get that 9 Euro flight you’re going to need to be pretty flexible in terms of destination and date, though. If you keep your eye out, it’s possible that you can get a ticket for less than the price of lunch.

3. BLABLACAR

BlaBlaCar is a seriously underrated French startup. It’s a perfect option when traveling in between cities that are within driving distance. You simply input where you are, where you want to go, and when you want to go! From the experiences I’ve had using Blablacar, the drivers give really great authentic advice about what to do in each city. It’s also a great way to meet fellow travelers! This website/app seriously makes life so much easier.

4. ROME2RIO

Rome2Rio is a great way to consider all of your options getting from Point A to Point B, especially when they don’t have any flight options to each other. Its interface is very user-friendly and definitely streamlines the process of figuring out how to get somewhere. Rome2Rio really opens up the door to anywhere in Europe!

Finding Things to Do


5. BEST BARS EUROPE

Best Bars Europe is a wonderful little website for finding awesome nightlife spots as well as restaurants. It has advice on what times to go out, how to pay, what languages are commonly spoken, and many other helpful tips that will ensure your night out goes smoothly. There’s a little something for everybody on this website as it includes hole-in-the-walls all the way up to high-end lounges.

6. PINTEREST


This one’s pretty obvious, but Pinterest is so amazing for some serious trip inspiration! Filled with lists covering what to do in each city as well as gorgeous photography, nothing will get you more excited for your trip than spending a few hours on Pinterest. I like to make boards about the places I’ll be traveling to soon because when it comes time to make an itinerary, I’ll have a ton of resources in one place.

Planning & Staying Organized


7. ACCUWEATHER


I’m actually quite awful at dressing properly for the weather, but Accuweather does help with this a bit. Before heading to a new city for the weekend, it’s obviously super important to pack the right clothes. This way you won’t be stranded in the rain in a tank top (true story)! I find Accuweather to be the most accurate and easy-to-use weather site.

8. GOOGLE SHEETS

Yes, this is so so simple, but having a few spreadsheets organizing your travels can make a world of difference. I have a Master Travel List spreadsheet in which I write down every single restaurant, landmark, bar, and sightseeing spot that I go to. It takes work, but it’s super great to look back at when giving recommendations to your friends. I also put in spots that I want to check out whenever I see them on things like Pinterest or Instagram. That way, planning becomes much easier later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the Airbnbs I've Ever Stayed in, Ranked

Halle's Visit to Slovakia

“Sooo...how did you end up in Slovakia?”